Tools to Improve Digital Productivity
The digital age offers an abundance of resources and tools at the fingertips of users. Let us look at the different tools and resources you can use to improve digital productivity.
Individuals have access to an abundance of resources and tools for almost any activity. Likewise, there are specific resources and tools which can be used to enhance digital productivity. We have rounded up the best digital tools (apps and services) available to the users, making all the difference in terms of productivity. With the right resources and tools, individuals and businesses can focus on getting stuff done productively.
Calendar-based apps are practically useful in planning events, work schedules, deadlines, meetings, appointments, etc. Many individuals use their cognitive intelligence or handwritten notes to maintain their calendars. However, there are few apps that you can use and link to existing digital calendars, such as Google, Exchange, etc., to nicely streamline your hectic agendas.
- Calendly – This app allows you to schedule meetings, share meeting links via email, or embed it into your website, enabling the invitees to pick a time that works best for them, and it’s instantly updated to your calendar.
- Fantastical – This is an app that allows you to quickly find out if your co-workers, employees, or go-to point person are available to attend your desired event or meeting. This also features a dedicated window that aesthetically represents your day, week, month, and year.
- CoSchedule – This best for syncing your calendar with marketing strategies. If you’re a marketer, this might be your secret to success. This allows you to easily organize, manage massive campaigns or projects, and integrating it with tools that you use. It gets better. This app focuses on data collection to obtain decisive insights and identify various ways to improve your marketing planners while enhancing productivity.
Many individuals complain that they don’t have enough time. That’s not true. We all have 24-hour days. You decide how you wish to spend these hours. Choose wisely. We have a few app recommendations that can help you spend your time wisely and productively.
- Timing – This is a beneficial app. Think of it like a modern-day digital stalker that helps you identify where exactly you have spent your time, such as apps, documents, websites, etc. This allows users to identify your distractions and time-consuming activities, helping you manage time efficiently.
- Pomodoro Timer – This app extends the method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s to help with time management. This where individuals should work 25-minutes accompanied by 5 minutes and 15 minutes breaks.
Invoicing and Accounting Apps
In the digital age, everything has switched to paperless or is switching online. One because it’s convenient, two because it’s sustainable. We have gathered a few top invoicing and accounting apps out of the many that can handle your invoicing and accounting for you.
- Wave – This app allows you to create recurring invoices, set reminders, and plenty of useful features supported with a simplified interface. This is a handy tool for small businesses. You can opt for the premium plan for more features and functionality.
- QuickBooks – This is regarded as one of the best invoicing apps out of the pool. QuickBooks is a general accounting app focused on streamlining your business finances. You can connect your online bank account to the software, which eliminates human error. All features and information can be managed through the dashboard.
- Harvest – This app allows you to track your time, log your expenses, manage all your invoices – all in one app. The app will enable you to take snaps of various receipt photos with your smartphone. In addition to that, you will get notified if any of your clients have made payments to you.
Have you ever written an important note on paper and misplaced it? We have all gone through it, which is why handwritten notes are getting obsolete by the day. There are plenty of apps that can help you take down notes through a smart device and sync it to your cloud. This way, you will never misplace important notes. Here are a few of the top note-taking apps out there.
- Evernote – This is the go-to app that helps you keep track of all your notes in a single place. The notes can be located through keyword search, and notes can be organized with tags or filed for future reference.
- Squid – this app has revolutionized the method of digitized note-taking. Squid allows you to simply use your finger or stylus on your smart device, just like how you would on a piece of paper. These notes will be displayed in a card-like interface for simplified access.
The downside of the digital age is that there are distractions everywhere. It can be overwhelming to fight these distractions sometimes. Therefore, we have handpicked handy apps that are specifically designed to combat the natural urge to procrastinate.
- 1Focus – this app is ideal for students, entrepreneurs, and anyone who gets distracted quickly. 1Focus lets you block distracting websites and apps. As a result, productivity is shot off the charts because you can focus on the things that need to be done.
- Pocket – this app is specifically designed to avoid procrastination. The app works in your favor by letting you save different links, useful articles, and videos that you come across (while you’re supposedly working) for later reference. This is easy to use and completely free. You can start using it by installing the extension on your web browser.